Local Hero Runs for Oak Park City Council
When a purse snatcher struck at a Southfield market (bordering Oak Park), Aaron Tobin went above and beyond to catch the suspect.
Tobin chased the purse snatcher and was able to jump on him, tackle him to the ground, and then get his arm behind his back. He then sat on his back until the Oak Park Police showed up,"
Fox news said that "Tobin is without a doubt the hero of his community."
The Chief of the Southfield Police Department, Chief Eric Hawkins presented Aaron Tobin with a Civilian Citation for Outstanding Service for his heroic actions on the day of March 19, 2013.
Since this event many residents approached Mr.Tobin to ask him to get more involved in local politics. People are saying that they are tired of the same old political games being played by career politicians that answer to special interests, instead of the people of Oak Park.
What these people wanted is a man of action that has the leadership skills and no-nonsense attitude to stand up for us. A thoughtful person that thinks about the rights of all of us.A community leader that will not be afraid to take on the powers that be, and will fight for us to make Oak Park a better, safer family community. As a successful businessman with valuable real life experience, he will watch our scarce resources and make certain the council will allocate our limited tax dollars wisely. His practical can do leadership will provide the excellent city services that Oak Park residents deserve.
Aaron has listened to residents, community leaders, his friends and neighbors and is now running for a seat on the Oak Park City Council in the upcoming election on November 5, 2013. He strives to be an excellent representative of the people of Oak Park.
It has been said that "Just like he tackled the purse snatcher, Tobin will tackle the problems facing Oak Park." Please support and vote for Aaron Tobin for our City Council.
Some of the issues important to Mr.Tobin
- Oak Park voters need to be heard. The people must be represented on the Oak Park City Council.
- Safety should be a priority for the residents and businesses of our City. We need to re-hire Police Officers that have been laid off and return them to patrolling the streets of Oak Park. A safe City is a Happy and Prosperous City.
- Water Bills are too high in Oak Park. Why are we paying more per gallon for our water than cities that are much farther away from the source in Detroit. Something needs to be done about our high water prices.
- We need to spend our money smarter. LED street lights are readily available, and they pay for themselves in a short time period. They use much less electricity which saves us money, and saves the earths resources.
- The City's billing and collections departments are not being managed well and require a thorough evaluation and review. We are not collecting over a $1,000,000 that is due to Oak Park. These funds are critically needs to help reduce our deficit and related expenses, because they are being left uncollected. This makes no sense and is a horrible extremely poor business practice.
Please check out the rest of our website, and please support Mr. Tobin's efforts to strengthen Oak Park's commitment to be The Family City
Just like he stepped up and tackled the purse snatcher, Tobin will tackle the problems facing Oak Park.